Serving Latham & Clifton Park, NY
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
X-ray technology today is much more targeted and lower dose than X-Rays in the past.
Types of Digital Radiography
Computed Radiography (CR)
• Uses photostimulable phosphor plates (PSP) in cassettes
Direct Digital Radiography (DDR)
- • No cassette
- • Uses direct or indirect flat panel detectors or charge coupled devices (CCDs)
- • Can be indirect or direct
We Provide:X- Ray
- The development of computed radiography over the past two decades has transformed radiological imaging. Digital radiography has replaced screen-film radiography in many radiology departments. Digital detectors allow the implementation of a fully digital picture archiving and communication system, in which images are stored digitally and are available anytime.
- Fluoroscopy has been in clinical use since shortly after Roentgen’s discovery of X-rays. Radiographic/fluoroscopy (R/F) is a type of medical imaging that shows a continuous X-ray image on a monitor, like an X-ray movie. Today, the results of a fluoroscopic exam are coupled to an electronic device that amplifies and transforms the glowing light into a video signal suitable for presentation on an electronic display.
Exam Prep For Digital Radiography (X-Ray / Fluoroscopy)
Esophagram / UGI / Small Bowel exams:
Frequently Asked Questions About Digital Radiography - (X-Ray/Fluoroscopy)
X-ray is the oldest, most widely used form of medical imaging. An X-ray picture is called a Radiograph. Capital Imaging Associates employs the most advanced form of X-ray imaging called Direct Digital Radiography. The technology is the same as that of a digital camera. X-ray film is no longer required, meaning your X-ray exam is a faster, more highly advanced study with only a minimal amount of radiation.
If you think of X-ray as a still picture, then fluoroscopy is a moving picture. Fluoroscopy is an imaging technique that uses contrast material and X-rays to visualize joints and internal organs in motion. An X-ray beam is passed through the area being examined and a digital image is evaluated by the radiologist on a high resolution TV monitor.
AXIOM ICONOS R200
Digital technology for superior fluoroscopic examinations.